CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

19.12.07

Simple Church???

I must say I've had my doubts about this new trend called the "Simple Church"... it just seems like a new revised "Emerging Church". While I find the ideas great and think that they can be integrated into a church to create a more healthy church... I am just tired of the church following trend after trend... We want to promote health and growth in the church, yet instead of following Christ we follow trends...

When will we learn?

ugh...

I think this guy has a perspective that I agree with the most:
http://www.newswithviews.com/PaulProctor/proctor127.htm

He may be a little more harsh than I would be... but seriously I just can't stand all the programs, philosophies, strategies, and on and on that I have seen forced into the church over the years... being a pk I've seen a lot of stuff like this come and go and I just have to think what makes this strategy any different...

I'm up to hear other thoughts... maybe my view is skewed...

(P.S. it's not that I disagree with the morals and values promoted by the simple church... I am just tired of the church following the popular trend. Also, I know I do not know as much as I could about the Simple Church... I just strongly dislike the kalidescope of movements and re-definitions that the church has gone through over the past years)

1 comments:

bobby said...

You may have done this, but my #1 recommendation - read the book before forming an opinion.

Ultimately it's not about a movement. It's philosophy of the best way to reach people here and now. And whether you think so or not, or whether it has a fancy title or not, you have one as well.

Fact is, the gospel doesn't change but culture does. And if the successful churches of 20 years ago are still doing the exact same thing they were then, more often than not they are dead, dying, or ineffective.

There's a lot more to what's behind this than what you posted here. Just a few thoughts for ya.