CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

7.1.08

I am Israel

I was reading through Acts and Jeremiah and I started getting frustrated with Israel. I mean why were they so dumb? Why didn’t they learn? They would love and serve God, then rebel and disobey him, He would punish them, they would suffer a while, then they repent, and God saves them, then they love Him and worship Him again… then the cycle repeats itself over and over and over again… it’s ridiculous.
So as I was reading I got frustrated and just closed the Bible and started to pray. In my head I was thinking why can’t these people just learn from their past and dedicate their lives to God and continually serve him. I was so annoyed.
Then I felt convicted. Who am I to judge Israel? I’m just like them. I do the same thing… make the same mistakes over and over again… I never learn. Why can’t I just learn from my past… learn from the Israelites… just serve Him and trust Him. Why do I turn from the only one who is faithful to me and loves me unconditionally.
But I don’t. I ignore who God really is. I am a wretched human being. I am nothing. I continually fail Him. And yet God still loves me… why? It’s crazy.
How can I ever serve Him and love Him the way He deserves to be. I mean I am just like Israel…

1 comments:

bobby said...

Maybe the reason He still loves you is cause you were wrong about one thing you wrote. Maybe He recognizes that your aren't "nothing." Maybe instead of seeing a "wretched human being" He sees potential...he sees someone created in the image of Himself.

Just a reminder. You're a saint. You're awesome. And God wants to do great things through you. ;)