CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

24.10.07

Release

God asked me to release everything to Him...

to go back to putting Him as my focus... with everything else on the back burner. It's such a hard step. But I know He wants my passion to be found in Him again.

Sometimes I just wish God was like mapquest...



I wish I could enter:

Starting Destination: Bethany University

End Destination: Heaven

Press enter... and boom... there is a map of my life. But I know it can't be like that. I want Him to tell me what my next step is... what I'm suppose to do. But as a good friend told me, God lights our feet not our path.



So pretty much, I want God to give me a map but He is giving me a compass... but instead of pointing North it points to Him. I'm just not sure how to use it yet.



This is the point in my journey with God when I usually give up... revert to things I used to do, make really bad choices (if you know me well, you know what I'm talking about) but I'm ready to not do that again.



I don't want to go back... for once I want to get through this. I want to get closer to God. I want to get throught this without creating more scars, more damage... I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I've given everything I hold close up to God and I am waiting on Him.



My song right now is "Red Sam" by Flyleaf:

Here I stand
Empty hands
Wishing my wrists were bleeding
To stop the pain from the beatings
There you stood
Holding me
Waiting for me to notice you
But who are you
You are the truth (you are the truth)
I'm screaming these lies
You are the truth (you are the truth)
Saving my life
The warmth of your embrace
Melts my frostbitten spirit
You speak the truth and I hear it
The words are I love you
And I have to believe in you
But who are you
You are the truth (you are the truth)
I'm screaming these lies
You are the truth (you are the truth)
Saving my life
My hands are open
And you are filling them
Hands in the air
In the air, in the air, in the air
And I worship
And I worship
And I worship
And I worship (You)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just for fun I decided to mapquest from Bethany to Heaven and this is what came up:

Driving Directions from Bethany University, 800 Bethany Dr, Scotts Valley, CA to Heaven Hill, 1064 Loretto Rd, Bardstown, KY

2 comments:

bobby said...

I heard one pastor say that we want God to be like mapquest so we can see the whole plan. But that God is more like GPS on your car. It gives you the directions as you go.

Why? God's a lot more interested in the journey than he is in the destination.

bobby said...

And my name isn't "Marsha." And even if it was, it's spelled Marcia.

So fix that link! (And I don't mean to Marcia!)